Forum: Resilient Coastlines on Long Island
12/09/2019 at 5:00pm
Stony Brook University, Endeavour Hall, Room 102, School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences, Stony Brook, NY 11794
Superstorm Sandy demonstrated the harrowing effects of major storms on Long Island’s coastal communities and it is critical to fortify our shorelines. This forum will look at nature-based solutions to protect Long Island’s coastal communities, such as living shorelines, which can reduce damage and erosion while also providing benefits to water quality and creating habitat for plants and marine species.
Lunch will be served!
We are pleased to be joined by:
Guest Speaker: Jack Schnirman, Nassau County Comptroller
Moderator: R. Lawrence Swanson, Stony Brook University, School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences (SoMAS)
- Alison Branco, Coastal Director at The Nature Conservancy
- Kathleen Fallon, Marine Coastal Processes and Hazards Specialist at NY Sea Grant
- Alexa Fournier, Coastal Resilience Specialist at NYS Department of Environmental Conservation
- Marian Russo, Executive Director, Village of Patchogue Community Development Agency
- Michael DeGiglio, Cameron Engineering
This forum was made possible by a generous grant from ROUX.< Back to Events
Website by Trillion.
© 2017 New York League of Conservation Voters Education Fund. All rights reserved.