Forum on Organic Waste & Biogas
06/20/2019 at 8:30am
The Marron Institute at New York University, 60 Fifth Avenue, 1st floor, New York, NY
Join our forum on organic waste and biogas, co-hosted with our partners at Energy Vision. This forum will focus on the environmental and climate benefits of using food waste and waste from sewage treatment plants to produce biogas, or renewable natural gas.
Mayor Bill de Blasio’s OneNYC plan envisions a carbon neutral NYC by 2050. To achieve this goal, we must implement dramatic changes in our transportation, buildings, energy, and waste sectors. This forum seeks to address the overlapping goals of clean energy, sustainable transportation, and zero-waste by exploring the economic and technological possibilities of processing organic waste from food and wastewater treatment plants into biogas. The forum will convene a range of stakeholders, including environmental groups, industry experts, and city government to look at opportunities and challenges for collecting and processing NYC’s organic waste into usable biogas for fueling vehicles, heating buildings, and earning revenue.
Breakfast will be provided.
8:30 AM – Coffee, Snacks, & Networking
9:00 AM – Welcome and Introductions
- Matt Tomich, President, Energy Vision
9:15 AM – Panel 1: Organic Waste to Fuel: What is Biogas? How Can it Be Used?
- Eric Goldstein, NYC Environmental Director, Natural Resources Defense Council
- Brian Paganini, Vice President, Quantum Biopower
- Mike Bakas, Executive Vice President, Ameresco
- Charles E. Love, Jr., Love’s-Trillium
9:50 AM – Panel One: Q&A
- Moderated by Chris Voell, Waste, Recycling & Biogas Lead, Danish Trade Council
10:00 AM – Break
10:15 AM – Panel 2: Challenges and Opportunities for New York
- Pam Elardo, Deputy Commissioner, Bureau of Wastewater Treatment, NYC Department of Environmental Protection
- Don Chahbazpour, Dir. Gas Utility of the Future, National Grid
- Carlyle Khan, Dir. of Solid Waste Mgmt Services, Toronto
- Justin Wood, Dir. of Organizing and Strategic Research, NY Lawyers for the Public Interest
11:05 AM – Q&A
- Moderated by Adriana Espinoza, NYC Program Director, NYLCV
11:15 – Closing and Next Steps
- Julie Tighe, President, NYLCV
Thanks to our Gold Sponsors:
Thanks to our Silver Sponsor:
Thanks to our Bronze Sponsors:
Thanks to our Host:
< Back to Events
Website by Trillion.
© 2017 New York League of Conservation Voters Education Fund. All rights reserved.