Forum: Green Infrastructure in the Delaware River Watershed
06/20/2018 at 2:00pm
Ethelbert B. Crawford Public Library, 479 Broadway, Monitcello, NY 12701
This policy forum will focus on the economic, social, and environmental benefits of green infrastructure (GI) as an approach to managing stormwater. We are bringing together expert speakers and panelists to provide an overview of green infrastructure vs. traditional gray approaches and how it can be used to protect and restore water quality in the Delaware River Watershed region. From innovative examples to barriers and opportunities, this policy forum will equip local landowners and municipal leaders with the information and tools needed to get involved and bring more GI to their communities. Read the background paper here.
Refreshments will be provided.
- George Schuler, The Nature Conservancy
- Freda Eisenberg, Commissioner, Sullivan County Department of Planning
- Paul Beyer, Director of Smart Growth, NY State Dept. of State
- Stephanie P. Dalke, Pinchot Institute for Conservation
- Bryan Quinn, Environmental Entrepreneur, founder and principal of One Nature
- Jeff Skelding, Executive Director of Friends of the Upper Delaware River
- Molly Oliver, Delaware County Department of Watershed Affairs
- Diana Weiner, Sullivan Renaissance
Website by Trillion.
© 2017 New York League of Conservation Voters Education Fund. All rights reserved.